Just a quick thought regarding veterinary costs...
Is price really the best way to choose a Veterinary Hospital when looking for a place to care for your pet?
The cheapest prices in town probably won't provide you with the best health care for your pet. On the contrary, the fanciest, most expensive hospital in town isn't a guarantee of the best care either. And isn't "the best care" what you should be looking for first?
Our Philosophy: Talk to your friends, ask your neighbors, ask the pet shops or anyone else in the animal business for a recommendation. Check with the State Board of Veterinary Medicine about complaints or reprimands. Visit the facility and meet with the staff but choose your Veterinarian on these criteria and find out about prices later. Price is NOT where the biggest difference lies in veterinary hospitals. That being said we are sure that if you check around you will find that our fee schedule is right in line with the average of all of the other full service Veterinary Hospitals in the area. Any given hospital may be more expensive on one item and less on the another at any given time. We don't fix prices and we change them as we deem necessary to stay competitive so each hospital charges what they think is fair and necessary to help meet their expenses.
We gladly accept American Express, MasterCard, VISA, Discover as payment for our services. We also accept Care Credit and Scratch Pay.
Care Credit is a unique, relatively new method of paying for medical services. It is accepted at many Veterinary Hospitals but human Dentists and MD's are using it too. The advantage to Care Credit is that it gives the user a 6 month interest free loan to conveniently pay unexpected medical bills that come up from time to time. The down side quite frankly is that the interest rate if you have to start paying one is very high so be very aware of all the details before you sign up. That being said Care Credit has become very popular with our clientele. Please go online to investigate how Care Credit works and see if it is right for you. You can apply there for your card ahead of time and be all set when you hit the front door of our place or your Chiropractor, Doctor or Dentist. Apply online at carecredit.com
Scratch Pay is a new payment service in the Veterinary world. Go to scratchpay.com to learn more detail and to sign up. They are reported to accept a large percentage of applicants and have somewhat different terms than Care Credit.
Some insurance companies pay to use the names of well-known organizations. With Nationwide, what you see is what you get: one of the largest and most trusted financial services companies in the world.
At Trupanion, we strive to be upfront and honest about what our plan provides. We are a team of pet lovers who work with cats and dogs by our side, and we want all pets to receive the best insurance coverage possible.
1. Payment is expected when services are rendered. In order to focus on our patients' needs, customer service and minimizing costs, we do not bill.
2. We accept debit cards, credit cards (Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express) checks and cash. All cards must be signed by the owner of the card.
3. When unexpected illness strikes a pet, unexpected expense strikes as well. Westside Animal Clinic understands this and is able to make some special arrangements through the CareCredit program. It takes just 5 minutes to complete an application and will allow you to break down your payment into 6 monthly installments. You can either apply at our hospital, where we'll call in your application over the phone for immediate approval, or apply yourself online at: www.CareCredit.com.
Highlights of the CareCredit program:
- Low Monthly Payments (3% of the Total Balance)
- Interest Free For 6 Months
- Determine Approval in a Few Minutes
- No Annual Fee
Insurance For Your Pets
Another popular option for your family and pet is insurance coverage. To learn more, please visit the following pet insurance websites.